We are delighted that Director, Simon Gedye received accreditation as a Conservation Architect (CA) in December 2014 and has been accepted on to the RIBA Conservation Register.
The Register has three levels of membership and Simon’s accreditation is awarded to architects “able to demonstrate depth of understanding of conservation practice, principles and philosophy and to guide and take responsibility for others”.
The RIBA Conservation Register enables those looking to commission work on heritage buildings to find architects with the specific skills and experience they require, encompassing all aspects of historic building conservation, repair and maintenance.
“This accreditation recognises my work on listed and historic buildings over many years and will reassure clients of our expertise in repairing, converting and extending listed buildings.”
Simon’s past portfolio of Listed projects include ;
- Georgian Theatre, Richmond, Grade 1 – new front of house facilities
- St John’s Church, Scunthorpe, Grade 2* – Extension and conversion to Visual Arts Centre
- Elsie Whitley Mill, Halifax, Grade 2 – conversion to offices
- Vestry Hall, Sheffield, Grade 2 – conversion to a community centre
- Leah’s Yard, Sheffield, Grade 2* – conversion to workspace and restaurant
- Anns Grove School, Sheffield, Grade 2 – Conversion to Sum Studios
- The Grange, Sheffield, Grade 2 – Extensions and alterations
Studio Gedye is currently working on two listed board school buildings for phase 2 of Sum Studios, a proposal to list the Hathersage outdoor swimming pool, and alterations and extensions to listed houses in the Peak District National Park.